Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Here I am

When I started my Etsy shop back in 2006, I worked full time at my day job for a big corporation. It was your typical, boring, 8-5 job with an hour commute from the burbs in to the city. I really was unhappy at my office job, but I did it because I needed to support my family and needed the income. Etsy was just at the groundbreaking stage and I didn't trust it enough to quit my day job and go forward with my dream. I wish I had trusted my gut and went with it!

One of my favorite memories of those times in my life, was coming home after a long day at work and going right in to my home studio as soon as dinner and home work with the kids was done. After I got my family settled in for the night,  I would sew until midnight, sometimes even later. I had to be up to get ready for work at 5am. I was running on pure caffeine some days! 

I wish, so badly, that I would have continued with my shop and kept on going. I let my day job get the best of me. I was tired, so very tired after working long hours and then coming home and sewing. But! I loved it, and that's why I did it.

Now, fast forward to today, I left my corporate job in March of 2014 and I am trying to start all over again with my shop. Same Etsy shop, just working very hard at picking up the pieces at becoming known again. Its been hard, I wont lie. But I am determined and am a very hard worker. I can make this happen with patience and perseverance!

Come along on my journey, wont you? I promise, the ride will be one to remember. :)

xo,
Heather


No comments: